Friday, 6 June 2014

Top 5 Under £5 Makeup Products!

I am a huge fan of drugstore makeup and honestly I only really own drugstore makeup. I love finding a good deal and I especially love finding a product that is ridiculously cheap but performs to high standards. These are my top 5 makeup products that cost under £5 each! I would just like to say that I have many products under the £5 mark and it was hard making a decision about which 5 to actually include in this blog post so I hope this can help you all on a budget or those who want to save some money on great products!


The first product is my favourite pencil eyeliner that I have found and it is the MUA Intense Colour Eyeliners. I have tried different brands from Maybelline to the Scandaleyes pencil eyeliners and none of them preformed to a good enough standard for me. I really love a creamy pencil that glides on the eyelids with ease and doesn't drag or pull on your eyelid and these are just that! They glide on so easily and have great pigmentation with only one swipe. I love using these on the waterline and I find that it does last quite awhile before you need to reapply it again. The actual application on the waterline is also very smooth and glides right across and gives great colour pay off.

L-R - Jet Black, Malt Chocolate, Forest Green, Royal Blue
The second product is my favourite mascara of the moment and it is the NYC City Curls mascara. Now I know there are some mixed reviews on this, but I love this mascara because it separates my lashes and gives a natural appearance. I really am not a huge fan of clumpy mascaras that give 'volume' and I much prefer the lengthening mascara formulas. This gives a good length to my lashes while staying very natural with no clumps, great mascara for everyday wear!


The third product is one of my favourites to use with cheaper eyeshadows which is the Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencils. Now if I am using a pigmented eyeshadow i will use my Maybelline Colour Tattoos, but if I am using a cheaper eyeshadow palette (e.g. Coastal Scents 88 Palettes) Then I will use my Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk which is a matte white shade. When you apply this all over the lid and place not so pigmented colours on top it really does give them great colour payoff and a kick to coloured eyeshadows. I really find that this helps the Coastal Scents eyeshadows show up intensely on the lid and gives a kick to the coloured shadows. They also sell coloured Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencils but I personally do not like wearing these alone with no eyeshadows on the top because they can tend to crease.

Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Yoghurt / Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Milk
The fourth product is somewhat a new find for me and it is the Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate in the shades 101 and 16. I really love the shade 101 and it is probably by far my 'go-to' lipstick when I am not sure what colour to wear or would just like a simple pink that looks like 'my lips but better'. I wear this constantly and probably around 80% of the time! The formulation is very creamy and I do not find them drying even though the 101 shade is matte. I love putting my Maybelline Colour Sensational Lip Gloss in Pink Shock over the top and I think it just looks amazing! The colour lasts for a couple hours before it starts to fade and needs reapplying.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate 101 / 16

The final product is my MUA powder blushes which are great affordable blushes. I also mentioned in the video the ELF Studio Blushes which come in the black packaging which are also very great! These blushes are both so pigmented and really give you a nice flush of colour on the cheek. You do have to be a little careful though as they are very pigmented and you can easily overdo it applying too much blush to your cheeks. I personally use a stippling brush while applying these and I find that it helps a lot to not pick up as much colour.

L-R - Bubble Gum, Marshmallow, Lolly
I also mentioned in the video an 'honourable mention' which is the MUA Lipsticks. I decided not to include these in the top 5 products as I already had quite a few MUA products in their already. I love these lipsticks and honestly the pigmentation is insanely pigmented. One swipe is definitely all you need and you could easily just dab these onto your lips to get a sheerer colour. These lipsticks also seem to 'stain' your lips a little and once they start to wear throughout the day your lips will be stained a light shade of whichever colour you were wearing. I really like this as if you cannot reapply they still look better than your normal lip shade!

L-R - MUA Lipsticks Shade 14, Shade 2, Shade 3, Shade 12
So these are my top 5 makeup products under £5. I would love to hear what your favourite makeup products are under £5 (or whichever currency you use)! Please leave your answers in the comment section as I would love to give them a try.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. If you do let me know what you think of them! Do you have any products under £5 (or whichever your currency) that you absolutely love :D?

      Delete
  2. I love the MUA blushes and lipsticks! Going shopping this weekend so I will definitely be buying some of these products :)

    randomindistilling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try out the MUA eyeliners they honestly are great. They do tend to smudge after an extremely long wear (10+ hours) but if you just put some black eyeshadow and tap it on the top it will honestly stay all day with no smudging!

      It's pretty funny because the MUA blushes were my blog post ever :) where I reviewed them. MUA has a lot of great products and I do love them a lot. I really also like there Undress Your Skin Highlighter which is very shimmery but I love them with the matte blush shades!

      Delete
  3. I love the Kate Moss lipstick in shade 101, my first ever blogpost was about that! Such a gorgeous, subtle shade and I wear it all the time :)

    beautyfullsparx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even express how much I love this lipstick and I wear it constantly (almost every single day). It is the perfect everyday shade almost a my lips but better and I love that. Funnily enough I have many lipsticks of all different shades but I don't actually have an 'everyday' pink that is subtle enough so this one is my favourite! I find that it does last quite a while on the lips as well which is great.

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love the blushes from MUA! http://rosebeautynow.blogspot.co.uk/ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that MUA is very reliable and most of their products are above par which it comes to pigmentation and quality. I have purchased quite a few ELF products which is somewhat an equivalent to MUA and I just don't think it is as good or even close to the products that MUA has! I find that a lot of the products are either you love them or hate them from ELF but there is honestly hardly anything that I dislike from MUA apart from their matte lipsticks...

      Delete
  5. I still haven't brought the Kate lipsticks, which I've been meaning to buy for ages! The 101 swatch looks like it'd be fab for day-to-day.
    Lovely post!
    kateheidi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post x

    pearlsandsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must try the MUA blushes, nice shades :) xx
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe they have around 6 blushes in total and they are all really great shades! Let me know what you think of them.

      Delete

UA-51663625-1