Wednesday, 11 June 2014

3 Minute Makeup Challenge!

As you all have probably guess I love my dramatic eyeshadows and makeup in general. I love wearing them everyday and more than likely if I am wearing makeup it is something slightly dramatic. But I decided to switch it up today and do a quick 3 Minute Makeup Challenge while doing my makeup this morning. The point of this challenge is to do your makeup in 3 minutes while still looking presentable enough to wear it throughout the day which is what I plan on doing! Three minutes doesn't seem that bad to apply your makeup in if you think about it but I had this big extravagent eyeshadow tutorial planned for this video and it went completely out the door. It is very hard to get your makeup done within the allotted time and I was struggling to say the least!

I am not totally sure I would feel 100% comfortable wearing this on an everyday basis but that is honestly because I do love my dramatic looks and it almost feels like I'm wearing 'hardly any makeup' when I wear this look. I know this may seem crazy to most of you but it is very much out of my comfort zone. I would almost prefer rather wearing no makeup than to wear a look like this on a day to day basis. As you can see from the pictures below I did do a very natural eye with pink cheeks and a bold pink lip. Since I was not able to finish the eyeshadow I had planned I rocked a bold lip instead which I think looks great with the look. The only thing I would have liked to do is my winged eyeliner which I wear everytime I do makeup!

Sorry for looking not so happy in this picture. I was still very frazzled from the challenge!


The aftermath...
Products Used:

L’Oreal True Match Foundation – Ivory
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder – Translucent
Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
Nars Blush – Orgasm
MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighter
Eyebrows: Sleek Storm Palette: Matte Light Brown
Crease: Sleek Storm Palette: Matte Dark Brown
Eyelid: Sleek Storm Palette: Champagne
NYC City Curls Mascara



I would love to see you do the 3 Minute Makeup Challenge so please leave a link to the video in the comments below. If you do not want to post a video what are your favourite products that you would use if you had 3 minutes to do your makeup? Please leave your responses in the comment section down below and I would love to read them!


4 comments:

  1. I actually like this look! Maybe a bit different than you are used to, but still loving it :)

    Love,
    Karlien
    http://polishedcats.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do like it but it is very subtle compared to what I am used to. If i had at least a little eyeliner on the top I think I would be fine but eyeliner is a staple makeup item for me so wearing none is very strange!

      Delete
  2. Think I'm going to try this tag soon, scared i'll be left with a very bare face though :S x

    belland09.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should! I would love to see the end result if you do it :) Compared to my pre-tag game plan I think this turned out pretty bare haha. But i really love doing dramatic looks on a daily basis so for me this isn't that much makeup at all and almost out of my 'comfort zone'.

      Delete

UA-51663625-1