Wednesday, 21 May 2014

Max Factor Dip-In Eyeshadow - Vibrant Turquoise Review/Swatches

Today I am going to review the Max Factor Dip-In Eye Shadow in shade Vibrant Turquoise 07, which honestly is one of the strangest concepts I have in my makeup collection. This product not only confuses me for its use and purpose but is also a little pricey for what they are. This product comes in quite a few different shades that range from more neutral browns to fun bright colours. These can be found at your local Superdrug or Boots and retail for around £5.99 each, although they are included in many of the 3 for 2 sales.



At first glance the packaging almost reminds me of some type of liquid eyeliner where the product is stored in a container where the top screws off with an applicator. The actual eyeshadow is held in the bottom part of the container and once you unscrew the top it has a little sponge applicator at the end. This sponge applicator is what you are meant to use to apply the loose pigment to the eyelid. In the top part of the container you can also hear a small ball rumble inside when you shake it which can be somewhat frustrating. If it was in the bottom part I would assume that this works similar to a nail polish in that it separates the pigment from sticking and clumping together, but since it is actually in the handle I'm not quite sure of the use.


The actual pigmentation of these eyeshadows is decent but it is not as opaque as my Sleek eyeshadows. You could definitely use this all over the lid and the colour will show but it won’t be super intense. I find it a little awkward using the sponge applicator to apply the product but it is impossible to reach into the tub of pigment with a brush. I feel like this could be helpful however to smudge the colour under your lower lash line.

Because it is a loose pigment when you apply the eyeshadow with the sponge applicator pigment goes everywhere. You get fallout under the eyes as well as all over your clothes and surroundings. If you are going to use this product I would suggest doing your eyeshadow first and finishing up with your foundation so you can wipe the fallout under the eyes with a baby wipe or cotton pad.



Overall I just don’t understand the real use for this product. It seems to fidgety to use all over your eye to create and eyeshadow look without ruining the rest of your makeup from the fallout. The sponge tip applicator is ok but I would have much preferred the eyeshadow to be in a pot so that I could use a brush or sponge as I pleased rather than being forced to use the sponge tip applicator. I think that there are better eyeshadows in the drugstore for around the same price and if you are in the UK I would suggest the Sleek palettes. If you are interested in the Sleek palettes you can check out my reviews for the Original and Storm eyeshadow palettes.

2 comments:

  1. I had one of these but in the grey shade and I just could not get it to work for me

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I just cannot figure out what they designed this for. It seems so fidgety to be placed all over the eyelid and there is so much fallout! Definitely one of the most confusing makeup products I own!

      Delete

UA-51663625-1