Wednesday, 7 May 2014

First Ever - High End Beauty Haul! - Urban Decay/NARS/YSL

So this week has been very exciting as I purchased my first ever high end beauty items! As many of you could probably tell by reading my blog posts I am very much a drugstore kind of girl and I feel that there are many bargains to be had at the drugstore! I decided to just go ahead and dip my toes into the high end side of beauty and decided to try a little from Urban Decay, Nars, and YSL.


Now I have never bought any high end makeup or even used any high end makeup before, so you can imagine how overwhelming it was to decide what to get. I decided to buy from the House of Fraser website as they were having a deal where if you spent £50 you would get £10 off one makeup item from a list of items and free shipping which I thought was a great deal.

The first item I knew I wanted to try was the Urban Decay Naked 1 Palette. Now my skin has a very obvious yellow undertone to it so when looking at the entire Urban Decay Naked collection I thought the first eyeshadow palette would suit my skin tone best since all of the shades have a very warm tone. I am not sure if this is a difference between the UK vs USA palettes but my palette come with a double sided brush as well as a 4 pack sample of the Urban Decay Primer Potion in all the different formulas. The package states that each of the four Primer Potion samples should supply a weeks’ worth of primer so this should last roughly a month.
Urban Decay Naked 1 Palette
Urban Decay Naked 1 Palette
Urban Decay Primer Potion Samples
For my second item I decided to try a NARS blush as they are always talked about and have a good reputation for lasting all day and having great pigmentation. I know some may not like the shimmers in the blush but I am a big fan of shimmer and glitter on the cheeks and love my highlighting! I decided to go with what seems the most popular blush from NARS which is the Orgasm blush. This blush is a pink shade with golden shimmer to it.
NARS Orgasm Blush
NARS Orgasm Blush
NARS Orgasm Blush
The final Item I purchased was the YSL Rouge Volupté Shine Lipstick in shade 13 Pink in Paris. This lipstick is not only the cutest packaging I have ever seen on a makeup item, but it is also the best feeling lipstick I have ever tried. It is very moisturising and feels similar to a Revlon Lip Butter but I find that this actually does moisturise my lips and leaves that moisturised feeling for much longer than the Revlon Lip Butters.
YSL Rouge Volupté Shine - 13 Pink in Paris
YSL Rouge Volupté Shine - 13 Pink in Paris

I will be doing full depth reviews on each of these products once I have used them for a while so I can really see how the products work and last. So far I have used them for two days and I am overly pleased with them and so happy that I purchased what I did. I would love to know what your favourite high end beauty item is and if you have never tried any which would you be most excited to try?

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful products! I'd be most excited to try them all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As am I! These seem to be some of the most popular products amongst beauty bloggers and YouTubers so I am really glad I got to try them. So far I think they are worth every penny, but I do love my drugstore products so I will still reach for them also!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I really didn't know what to expect in terms of quality but ahh I can't even explain how amazing that lipstick is. It feels like butter on your lips and it will feel like that even 4-5 hours after applying. It feels so luxurious and I feel like if I was to repurchase any of these products it would be the YSL lipsticks. And lets just face it the packaging is gorgeous!

      Delete
  3. Ooooh you picked up some beauties!! I have all 3 of these and believe me you will not be disappointed! although my lipstick is in number 15 peach passion. How beautiful is YSL packaging? The original Naked palette is the best one for Spring and Summer too because of the rich golds and browns :-)

    Abby x
    whatabbyloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked out your Spring/Summer Must Haves blog post and you mentioned all of the products that I bought haha how funny is that. I love them all so far granted I've only used them twice but they are soo nice. The YSL packaging is so cute better than any I have ever seen.

      Delete
  4. I don't even wear blush, but I can definitely see why everybody loves the NARS Orgasm blush, it's such a pretty color. The golden shimmer in it will definitely suit your yellow skin undertones though. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just curious do you prefer to wear bronzer then if you don't wear blush or do you not use anything on the cheeks? I think because I am so fair bronzer don't really look that great on me, or maybe I have never found the perfect one yet. I love my blushes though and I feel without it I look like I'm going to pass out any second. I love the blush so far apart from the first day I went a little overboard not realizing how pigmented it actually is haha.

      Delete
    2. I actually barely wear any make up at all, but I'm really interested in everything to do with make up, I just don't wear it myself. I only recently wore mascara for the first time ever the other day, and that's about the only make up I wear every now again, sometimes a lipstick/lip gloss, but most days I don't wear anything.
      Do you watch MsRosieBea on YouTube at all? She's extremely pale and I'm pretty sure she's found some suitable bronzers which don't make her skin look all muddy! C:

      Delete
    3. Lots of people around the beauty community say that if they could only wear one item of makeup it would be mascara :) I will check out MsRosieBea, I would love to know some great bronzing techniques for people with pale skin, thanks :).

      Delete
    4. Yeahh, I'm just interested in the actual products more than I am actually wearing them. XD
      And you're welcome, it should come in handy because I think she usually has to use the lightest shade of everything!

      Delete
    5. You know I used to be like that actually. I remember when I was around 15-16 I had no makeup at all and I found the beauty community on YouTube and after a few months I ended up stealing my moms makeup and after about a year ended up buying one of the Coastal Scents 88 Eyeshadow Palettes and was over the moon. I just enjoy watching beauty videos and reading the blogs I don't always watch them to necessarily do the exact look on myself :).

      Delete
    6. I'm 17 now, but I still don't think I'll ever wear loads of make up, it's just not me. I only wear the mascara every now and again because my eyelashes are long already, so it's not actually that noticeable. I'm glad I'm not the only one who just sits and watches make up tutorial type things and never actually plans on recreating them! XD

      Delete
    7. Haha beauty videos are my favourite 'tv show' I could sit and watch them for hours and never recreate any of them. I just love how people can transform and really show their personality through your makeup. I personally love wearing dramatic looks and I wear them almost every single day. I always seem to dread wearing neutral shades or doing simple makeup haha but everyone is different!

      Delete
    8. I just find it all really interesting sometimes, but people can't seem to understand how I can find make up and beauty products interesting, yet not actually wear it myself. I just don't bother out of laziness, in all honesty. XD

      Delete
  5. Welcome to the Darkside! That lipstick is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous products! I'm yet to buy any high end products but these would certainly be my choice! x

    Hannas’ UK Beauty | Lifestyle blog @ hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely the most raved about products from high end by many beauty bloggers and youtubers :) I think they are great though and definitely worth the money so far.

      Delete
  7. high end makeup is addictive! I love it haha ;)
    enjoy your beautiful purchases!

    josievalerie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got some great stuff! :)
    xx beautyybychloe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are all beautiful colors but that lipstick is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh god welcome to the dangerous addiction that is highend makeup! haha! Great picks :)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO MANY AMAZING THINGS!!!
    I have a naked basic palette and an YSL Lipstick and adore them so so much!

    I want to try a Nars blusher though!

    Stevie
    VintageAndVans

    ReplyDelete

UA-51663625-1