Tuesday, 8 April 2014

Update + Bold/Winged Eyeliner Tutorial

Hey everyone! I know I have been missing for a couple weeks now and I just wanted to give you all an update on where I have been and why I haven’t been doing blog posts for a while. Basically I thought I pulled my back muscle last week and was in a lot of pain. I did end up going to the doctor and I have a pinched nerve so I have been taking some time to rest and get it to heal. It still is not completely fixed but I will be making some blog posts here and there until it gets better, now onto my next topic.

I first found the makeup community by watching YouTube videos a few years ago. I first found Kandee Johnson and instantly fell in love with the whole process. When I first found these videos I was not very good at makeup and through these videos I went experimenting and finally have come to where I am today. I still watch these makeup tutorials on YouTube and I learn something new every day.

After reading Jessica Duffy’s blogpost on her latest YouTube video I finally mustered up the courage to create one of my own! I decided to do my bold eyeliner tutorial, some of you may remember I did a blog post on it previously but it is very hard to explain when writing how to actually do a makeup tutorial. So hopefully from now on all makeup tutorials will be recorded instead of typed up!

My first video can be found below. If any of you have any recommendations or tips please feel free to let me know in the comments below. I know that the lighting is a little strange as I accidently turned on my makeup mirror in the beginning and the light turned it a little orangey. Please let me know what you think in the comments!




6 comments:

  1. Love this look on you. You are very beautiful and you have inspired me to try dark wing tip eyeliner. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the support. I am glad that you have been inspired to try this look out for yourself! If you do give it a try please send me a picture I would love to see it!

      Delete
  2. Great post. I love this look, you are cute. Check my blog.

    http://lesfleurfashionandbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I will definitely check it out!

      Delete
  3. I watched this when you first posted it but my phone was weird and apparently didn't post my comment :P Not a very smart, smart phone lol
    BUT... I absolutely love this and can't wait for more, you sound and look like you've done this before (: Oh and the program I use is the Windows Movie Maker, I don't want to download or buy a video editor until I get more advance at it. I like Windows as well cause they make it very simple to understand the ropes (: I really hope you do more videos!
    Also check out my blog, here soon I'm going to post pictures of my California trip (: I think you might like some of the shots I got (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, at first I was a little nervous about ti at first! I also used Windows Movie Maker but I just wasn't sure what others use so I thought I'd get a 2nd opinion. I am planning on doing more videos but I am not sure how frequently I will do them, probably just as I think of them or as I want to do makeup looks.

      I would love to see your pictures from California! I have never been there before and I bet it's beautiful! I am originally from Illinois and I have only really been around that sort of area + Florida and that is it so I would love to see other parts of the US!

      Delete

UA-51663625-1