Monday, 17 March 2014

My ‘Lucky’ Makeup Look of the Day! St. Patricks Day

Happy Saint Patrick's day everyone, I hope you all are having a very lucky day! For Saint Patricks Day I decided to incorporate some green into my everyday makeup look. Instead of doing a full on green eyeshadow look tutorial, I decided to do something that is a little more wearable and gives a hint of green so it is more suited for everyday wear. I went with a natural eye with very little eyeshadow (only a crease shade to be exact) with thick eyeliner on the top. For under my lashline I added a bright green shade and towards the inner corners and for my inner highlight I used a gold shade! I kept my cheeks very soft and went with a bright red lip! You could obviously use any red lip to go with this eyeshadow look but I went with red because on the colour wheel red is across from green which means they complement each other. This is more than likely the reason that Christmas has red and green paired together!






Products I used:

Eyes

Eyeliner: Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Eyeliner - Black
Crease Shade: Sleek Eyeshadow Palette – Storm (matte brown)
Eyeliner Under Lashline: MUA Colour Intense Eyeliner – Forest Green
Inner Highlight and Lashline: Sleek Storm Palette – Storm (gold shimmer shade)
Mascara: Maybelline Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara


Face

Foundation: L’Oreal True Match Liquid Foundation - Ivory
Powder: MUA Pressed Powder – Shade 1
Concealer: Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer – 01 Fair
Eyebrow Gel: 2True Instant Colour Mascara -1 Clear
Eyebrow Colour: Sleek Eyeshadow Palette – Storm (matte light brown shade)



Cheeks

Blush: ELF Powder Blush – Candid Coral
Highlight: MUA Undress your Skin Highlighter
Contour: L’Oreal Infallible Foundation – 200 Golden Sand


Lips:

Lipstick: Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick – Temptation

Lip Gloss: ColorSensational Cream Gloss – Fabulous Pink

2 comments:

  1. Love how the green is subtle yet it brings the whole look together! xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how that turned out. I've only used gel once and it was a disastrous event for my eyes. I got it all over the place. It was an expensive one too (though I can't recall the exact brand).
    Bright and Shiny

    ReplyDelete

UA-51663625-1