Wednesday, 26 March 2014

Coastal Scents 88 Palette - Metal Mania - Swatches / Review

I currently own 4 of the Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palettes and I love them! All of these eyshadow palettes cost around $20 but you can usually find them for cheaper depending on the website you buy them from. Each palette contains 88 eyeshadows around the size of a dime each. Now you may not think this is a lot of product but I have used these palettes quite frequently and have only run low on a few of the colours.




Overall amongst all of the palettes the pigmentation is pretty good apart from a few shades here and there that don't have the greatest colour pay off. I think though that with the amount of eyeshadows you get that are pigmented these palettes are definitely worth the price. I find that the Metal Mania palette probably has the best pigmention out of all of the Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palettes I have owned. Apart from the few shimmery light shades the dark colours really do pop and give a great metallic almost metal looking finish which looks gorgeous on the swatches and on the eyelid. Many of these shades are actually a glittery/shimmery/metallic finish therefore there are very few matte shades in this palette which some of you may not like. This palette is obviously geared toward more dramatic looks hence the name Metal Mania but I think this is a great palette for anyone who wants to experiment with more dramatic looks! 

I would say that these palettes are probably more targeted towards people experimenting with new colours that don't want to spend a lot of money trialling out different shades or beginners that are new to makeup and don't have that big of a collection. Now lets look at the swatches! Each swatch is going down each column in the palette going from the left to the right.

Column 1

 Column 2

 Column 3

 Column 4

 Column 5

 Column 6

 Column 7

 Column 8

 Column 9

 Column 10

 Column 11

8 comments:

  1. Me likes! I like the warm, orange/brown/pink colours ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you would love this palette for sure! I really think a lot of people could get use out of it since it does contain brown shades which are a little more neutral but it just contains more darker colours rather than being a fully neutral palette!

      Delete
  2. I was thinking about buying the 'countries' sets, the pigmentation are amazing on this set it looks like a good buy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally do not own those sets but I own 4 of the different 88 eyeshadow palettes and all of them have pretty good pigmentation. Some of the colours are not as great but I would say about 80% of the eyeshadows have Good-Great pigmentation. Some of the colours are very surprising and have a big colour pay off which is great! If you do purchase the palettes let me know how they go and maybe I will give them a try also.

      Delete
  3. These colours are so nice :)

    www.randomindistilling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow 88 colours which are really beautiful great post Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely colors....and so many of them :D I wish they had a mixed palette of mattes and shimmer though...

    But lovely post!

    www.ujjainilahiry.blogpost.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks great! I've been looking for a big eyeshadow palette that doesn't cost the earth! When my loan comes in I'll defo be investing.

    xxx
    http://reflectionofareveller.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

UA-51663625-1