Friday, 10 January 2014

Rimmel - Lasting Finish Soft Colour Blush

On New Years Eve I went to my local Superdrug and Boots and ended up buying a lot of Rimmel products. Since then I have been wearing the Rimmel Lasting Finish Soft Colour Blush in 050 Live Pink and I absolutely love it! This blush retails for £3.99 in Superdrug and Boots which I find to be very affordable and not to expensive. You can also find the blush on Amazon if you do not have a Superdrug or Boots local to you.



The packaging for this product is very sturdy and I could easily throw this in my handbag and not be afraid of it opening or getting everywhere. The clasp is very tight and I even find it sometimes a little difficult to open normally. The lid is see through so it is very easy to know which shade you are selecting and it also has a little crown on the lid which gives it a cute touch. The product has a British flag engraved into the product which I find is a nice touch and makes it looks very cute and girly with the see through lid. 



The product is definitely not matte and contains a lot of shimmer and glitter. This glitter and shimmer is visible when you apply it to the cheeks, so if you do not like that look then I would not recommend this product. I myself like shimmer in blushes and find that they give a really glowy highlight to your cheeks without having to add a highlighter over the top, which this blush definitely does! The pigmentation of this product is buildable, meaning that you can start with a little and have a very light pink dusting over your cheeks or you can build it up to be a very intense pink colour. 



I myself am very pale and like doing extreme eye shadow looks, so I do not like to build this up very much, but instead just do a light dusting of pink. You can see a full makeup blog post that I did on New Years Eve here, where I used this as my blush colour. The colour lasts quite a long time on the cheeks before you need to reapply, but I find that the lighter dusting you do the more you have to build it up throughout the day because the colour starts to wear off. 

Very light layer of Rimmel Lasting Finish Soft Colour Blush in 050 Live Pink
Overall I think this blush is really great if you are looking for a glowy blush. But I would recommend anyone who does not like shimmer or glitter in this blush to stay very far away as this contains a great deal of shimmer and glitter! The pigmentation is very easily buildable and will last quite a long time without needing to reapply. 

7 comments:

  1. thank you for the great review! I'm always looking out for great blushers and this one looks so pretty:) xx
    amberblogposts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! It's so fab! Would you mind following me via GFC and blog lovin'? Ill give you a cookie!
    aziaanderson.blogspot.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11457437

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks lovely, I'll definitely be picking one up soon!

    http://stacysstylesecrets.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful colour! I love the gold through it!

    Http://LifeandlovebyGood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is sparkly!!!!

    Brittnee
    http://beautyproductaday.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very sparkly but I find on the cheeks it looks more glowy and not really looking like a disco ball. Although if you prefer matte blushes you would hate this one!

      -Shelby

      Delete

UA-51663625-1