Wednesday, 1 January 2014

New Years Eve - Makeup Look

For this New Year’s Eve I went on a Superdrug rampage and ended up with a lot of new makeup products to try and what better day to experiment with my new makeup than on New Year’s Eve! Now for a little backstory… I have been living in England for almost four years now and I have never owned any Sleek products *gasp* I know, I don’t understand it either! I ended up buying two new Sleek eyeshadow palettes, and a lot of the new Rimmel Scandaleyes products as well as many other things which I will feature in this blog post. If you do not own these exact products, feel free to use what you have as similar colours will create the same sort of look.

Products used to create the eye look: Sleek Palettes (L-R Storm, Original), Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara, Scandaleyes Eye Crayon (Paranoid Purple) , Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal (Black)


For my eyes I decided to use Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye Shadow Crayon in Paranoid Purple. This is the first purple eyeshadow base I have owned and I absolutely LOVE it. Purple is great for making brown eyes pop and it is one of my favourite colours of eyeshadow to wear. For my eyeshadows I used Sleek palettes ‘Original’ and ‘Storm’, both of these are shown in the pictures below and are marked accordingly to the steps I will describe below.



First I used #1 in the palette which is a gorgeous shimmery purple colour all over my lid over the purple base. Next I used #2 as a transition colour in my crease so that the darker shade I apply later will blend seamlessly. For a crease colour I used this dark shimmery brown marked #3 in the palette and made sure that I blended this for extra long so that there were no harsh lines. To deepen up my outer v I decided to use the matte black colour  marked #4 in the palette just in the outer v and blended it inward towards the middle of my eyelid and blended it a little into the crease. Finally I used #5 in the palette as my inner corner highlight. Since I am so pale I normally find that highlighting under my eyebrow doesn’t really do much so if you do like an under brow highlight you can use this colour as well.

I personally like shadow underneath my lower lash line so I just used the Rimmel Scandaleyes Crayon and drew a thin line under my lower eyelashes and added the purple shade marked #1 over the top of the crayon. This allows the colour to last all day and not smudge!




For my eyeliner I used Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in 001 Black. I used this on the top lash line and also my waterline. For my lash line I did use the matte black eyeshadow marked #4 to set this eyeliner to make sure it does not smudge or fade throughout the day. I have actually heard great things about these eyeliners and have considered doing a post where I will apply the eyeliner at the beginning of the day and give you updates on how it lasts throughout the day to see how well it holds up, let me know if you would be interested in these types of blog posts. To finish up the eye look I curled my eyelashes and applied two coats of the Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara.

Products used on the face: L'Oreal True Match Foundation (Ivory), Rimmel Blush (Live Pink), MUA Pressed powder (Shade 1), NYC Lipstick (Modern Love), Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer (Fair). 



For the face I used my (of course) L’Oreal True Match Foundation (Ivory) and used my MUA pressed powder all over the face (Shade – 1). For concealer I used Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer. For blush I used Rimmel’s Lasting Finish Soft Colour Blush in Live Pink, and for the lips I used NYC Expert Last Lip Color in Modern Love. I actually do not like the feeling of lip gloss and hardly ever wear it, but if you like wearing lip gloss you could add a nice colour over the top to give it a great shine. 


I hope you all had a lovely New Years Eve and I wish you all the best in the new year! If you would like to see a review on any of the new makeup products I have shown in this blog, or if you have any suggestions on blog posts please let me know in the comments or send me an email at bittersweetshelby1@gmail.com. 

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful look - I love ow you've used the purple and I'll dry something similar tomorrow I think :o). Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty palettes! The look came out so nicely!

    Happy New Year :)

    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mix of the purple and dark gold are on your eyes. It really suits you :)
    Happy new year x

    http://pepperandtherobinsons.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Purple looks beautiful on you! Happy New Year :) Great palettes.
    Jessica
    the way to my Hart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just blown away by the Sleek Palettes. I had never tried them before but always wanted to try them just never ended up buying any, but they are both my favourite palettes now :D It's just sad that they are not as easily available in the US as they are in the UK.

      -Shelby
      http://bittersweetshelby.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  5. Just discovered this blog.
    The purple and gold on your eyes really suit your eye colour. I have blue eyes but I'm still going to try this out! :)
    Ellie, xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly think this would look great with any eye colour, I am a big fan of coloured eyeshadows and wear them on a daily basis. Blue and Purple are definitely my favourite colours to wear! :D If you do try this look out you should send me a photo by email :)

      -Shelby

      Delete

UA-51663625-1