Wednesday, 29 January 2014

Maybelline ColorSensational Cream Gloss

Now I really love makeup and would say that I am slightly addicted to it but one thing I cannot seem to like is lip glosses. I have tried quite a few and I find that many of them are sticky and when they dry it leaves a weird residue on your lips that I just can’t stand. On a daily basis I would say 99.99% of the time I am not wearing lip gloss and 80% of the time I do not wear any lipstick, yet I would say I have more lipsticks than any other product in my collection which really doesn't make sense.

I do actually own I think 4 lip glosses at the moment which are in my collection. They hardly ever get used and I am not sure where I actually received them but I believe they were a gift from Christmas. In these was the Maybelline ColorSensational cream gloss in Fabulous Pink. The other day I was wearing Nyx Round Lipstick in Indian Pink and I just felt like applying a gloss over the top (I am not sure why I decided this but I believe it could have been from reading other blog posts on lip glosses) and I think it has just changed my world around.




This lip gloss is not in the slightest bit sticky in any way and it does not feel wet or runny. The lip gloss honestly just feels creamy and that is it. Because I am so funny about textures on my lips this really surprised me and if any of you are the same way I think you should try this formulation because I honestly love it. As I said above I find most of my lipsticks to feel quite dry on my lips but when I apply this lip gloss over the top it makes it feel so smooth and creamy and removes the uncomfortable dry feeling. Because of this I have recently been getting a lot more wear out of my lipsticks and this lip gloss which I am very happy about.



The tint of this lip gloss is a light pink colour but I do not find that it messes with the colour that is underneath but instead just softens it a little. For example if I had on a bright red lipstick and applied this over the top it would still look red but it would tone it down just a little. The gloss is very sparkly and it is visible on the lips so if you like clear glosses with no shimmer this would not be one for you.

Maybelline ColorSensational Cream Gloss in Fabulous Pink applied over bare lips.
 This lipstick retails for around £6-7 but I feel that it is definitely worth the price since this is the only lip gloss I have ever found that isn't sticky in the slightest. I definitely want to go out and purchase this lip gloss in more colours. I would really like you all to leave any recommendations of any lip glosses that you love that are not sticky in the comments below as I would love to give them a try. 


6 comments:

  1. That is SO sparkly! I need to try this!!!!

    Brittnee
    http://beautyproductaday.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you mentioned you like sticky glosses and let me tell you this one is not sticky at all haha. It looks amazing on though.

      Delete
  2. This looks lovely! Im a huge fan of revlon lip glosses myself!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to take a look at the Revlon lip glosses, I love all other Revlon lip products so it would make sense that I would like the lip glosses too. Do you have any favourites in particular?

      Delete
  3. I can't stand sticky lip glosses too! Have you tried the Rimmel Vinyl Glosses? They last ages but are totally not sticky either xx

    Sharlotte // Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'll have to dry these, it says you can buy these at Boots :D I am actually starting to enjoy wearing the lip gloss now that I found one that has no stickiness to it! Such a new realm of things to try out! Thanks for the suggestion, do you have a favourite colour?

      Delete

UA-51663625-1