Friday, 3 January 2014

Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette - Review/Swatches

One of my favourite natural eye makeup palettes is the Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette. This palette is very affordable and costs around $20 but it usually goes on sale so you can get it for very cheap. You can purchase this palette on the Coastal Scents website, but they can be found at many different online shops such as Amazon. This palette contains 88 eyeshadows that are around the size of a US dime, or a 5p piece in the UK. Although this may not look very big the eyeshadows will last you a long time unless you use a colour consistently everyday. I have owned this palette for a few years and have not actually hit pan on any of the eyeshadows.



The quality of the palette is... average I would say but really for the money if you want a lot of variety in eyeshadows this is great to try out different colours. If you are a beginner with makeup these are great to add to your collection and you could probably get away with owning only one palette to do your eye makeup. The pigmentation is a little hit and miss, some are very pigmented and others you can hardly see, but I find that most of them are quite pigmented. I usually find that the matte shadows are the shadows that don't show up as well but that is just my opinion. I am very pale and the white/cream colours do not show up very well on my skin tone but I tried to get them to show up as much as possible.



I overall think these 88 palettes are great and I own 4 different palettes from the brand. Even though they are a little hit and miss pigmentation wise I think the amount that are pigmented are worth getting the palette even at full price. Swatches of this palette can be seen below. In the pictures the swatches will go from each column and from top to bottom in the palette is going left to right in the photographs.

I also have a blog post where I have used this palette to create a natural everyday look. It can be found on my Natural Eye Tutorial here.














22 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love using that colour in the crease with a natural champagne colour on the lid.

      -Shelby

      Delete
  2. Looks lovely! Should definitely get one.
    Love, Shabana
    http://shabanasultana.blogspot.com
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/9807829

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like wearing coloured eyeshadows as well the other 88 palettes are great too from Coastal Scents. I own the original, shimmery, warm, and metal mania palettes and I love all of them!

      -Shelby

      Delete
  3. great post! would you like to follow eachother?
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always find these palettes so appealing and I immediately want to order one or two. But the truth is that I have a ton of really great shadows; so I don't need a mediocre palette just taking up space. I appreciate the fact that you swatched the entire palette bc it lets me see the quality of all the shadows in it so that I can remind myself that what I have is already plenty enough. Thank you for doing this post I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of agree with you, even though the palette is nice if you have really great shadows already I don't think its worth investing in this. I think it would be more targeted towards beginners with makeup or people with a small makeup collection. Although I would suggest the normal 88 palette to someone with a bigger collection if they didn't want to spend a large amount on coloured eyeshadows if they would not wear them very often. I will eventually do a post with swatches of the other 3 palettes that I own.

      -Shelby

      Delete
  5. I'm not usually drawn to giant palette's like this, but I do quite like the colors. For some reason when I buy eye shadow I tend to really like a few shades and stick with those, so I'm not sure how much use I could get out of this. I'm really wanting to try it though!

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! This palette is amazing! I love the neutral colors. Idk if I would need as much that comes in this palette but I want to try some of BH's eyeshadows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks lovely, i'd love to experiment and try out different styles with this palette! also, i'm very much into natural brown to skincolour-ish shades for an every day make up, they just go with everything! xx

    beautiful garbage
    coffeebooksandcitylights.blogspot.com/
    facebook.com/beautifulgarbagefashion
    poppyleeandjackie.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, so many colours! I like how it looks, there are so many make up options! Actually, it's my type of palette, I'm so into neutral make up right now! xoxo

    http://www.beautybellenotes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - so many shades! It's great that they are all wearable too xx

    Jasmine Cara

    ReplyDelete
  10. That, my friend, is a lot of variety! haha! It looks great and I love that they're all neutral!
    xoxo,

    berrybloomxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your blog
    followed
    http://minimaysi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. This palette looks amazinggg !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great post!! i really like how you took the time to put each colour on your arm in columns

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been tempted to purchase this palette, but now that I've got naked 3 I feel like I wouldn't need such a big palette at the moment. Great post!

    Kristine | tinikc.blogpot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Are the colors super pigmented, I have dark skin and I find a lot of colours disapear? Does it apply nicely?

    ReplyDelete

UA-51663625-1