Thursday, 12 December 2013

Nyx Round Lipstick - Review/Swatches

Today I decided to share with you my Nyx Round Lipstick collection. I currently own 12 of these lipsticks, but could only manage to find 11.. hmm..
L-R (Mars, Thalia, Pumpkin Pie, Orange Soda, Heredes, Doll, Fig, Indian Pink, Tea Rose, Strawberry Milk, Opal)













These lipsticks are quite affordable costing $4 on the Nyx website. In the US I believe you can buy these from drugstores, but in the UK it is a little more difficult to find. I bought mine from an Ebay seller called Joys Cosmetics for a set of 12 lipsticks for around £15. You can also purchase these lipsticks on Amazon which is a little easier to get your hands on.

L-R (Mars, Thalia, Pumpkin Pie, Orange Soda, Heredes, Doll, Fig, Indian Pink, Tea Rose, Strawberry Milk, Opal)





These lipsticks are very creamy and last around the same time as a normal lipstick, 3-4 hours. They are not long lasting but the colors come off very true to color and I find a lot of them just melt into your lips with a smooth creamy finish. The lipsticks have a very shiny finish, none of which I own are matte.

L-R (Mars, Thalia, Pumpkin Pie, Orange Soda, Heredes, Doll, Fig, Indian Pink, Tea Rose, Strawberry Milk, Opal)




A few of these lipsticks I was not to pleased with as they seemed very splotchy and honestly didn't look very nice: Orange Soda, Fig, Indian Pink, and Strawberry Milk. Now it is winter time and my lips are somewhat dry, especially after swatching so many different lip shades on my lips, so the lipstick could be clinging to dry patches although it doesn't happen with any of the other colors.

My personal favourites of the Nyx Round Lipsticks that I own is Doll for a red lip, Pumpkin Pie for a natural lip, and Tea rose for a nice pink shade. I do really enjoy layering Opal on top of different lipsticks, which gives the lipstick shade a hint of shine and a purpley tinge to it.

All lip swatches are done without lipgloss and lip liner

Overall I am very pleased with how these lipsticks perform and their pigmentation. The only other thing that you need to be careful about if you purchase these lipsticks is that they do melt extremely fast in the slightest bit of heat, so beware of putting these into a clutch or purse. For example while doing the photos for this blog post two of the lipsticks actually snapped while I was swatching them *tear* I know. Other than the slight splotchyness of a few colors the rest of the lipsticks are great and very good for the money. I recommend you try some of the colors out for yourself.

5 comments:

  1. You got a great review here! I totally love all the colors but I would go for Doll. I just love the shade.

    CLICK if you got a heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love Doll as well it is definitely up there with one of my favourites of the bunch.

      Shelby

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard much about these lipsticks. I have bought an NYX lip balm previously though.
    I like the look of Tea Rose.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give these lipsticks a try I think you would really enjoy them. Tea Rose is a beautiful shade of pinks on the lips, one of my favourites.

      Shelby

      Delete
  3. Thalia looks amazing. Could be the perfect "my-lips-but-better"lipstick!
    thanks for this post :)

    ♥Tamy

    ReplyDelete

UA-51663625-1