Friday, 13 December 2013

Makeup Academy (MUA) - Intense Colour Eyeliners

Recently I bought 4 intense colour eye liners from the £1 Makeup Academy (MUA) line. I purchased these from my local Superdrug, but you can also find these eyeliners on the MUA website or on Amazon. I currently own a black (Jet Black), brown (Malt Chocolate), green (Forest Green) and a blue (Royal Blue). All of the eyeliners come with a sharpener cap which is very convenient when you are doing touch ups throughout the day if your eyeliner goes dull.



(Top - Bottom) Jet Black, Malt Chocolate, Forest Green, Royal Blue

These eyeliners have very good pigmentation and are very creamy. You do not have to push hard on the actual pencil to get the colour payoff. These eyeliners will smudge if you touch them, but this can easily be avoided by applying a similar colour eyeshadow on top of the eyeliner to set it. I personally use these eyeliners everyday on my lash line and in my water line. I do put a tiny bit of powder not on the waterline but right on the bottom lashline to ensure the eyeliner does not smudge off.

(L-R) Jet Black, Malt Chocolate, Forest Green, Royal Blue

The only complaint I can see with these pencil eyeliners is that the black is not super black. I personally do not mind this though and use this almost everyday as my eyeliner and don't really find this a big problem. All of the colours I own are matte apart from the brown which has a little bit of shimmer in it. The range offers a wide colour selection so at £1 you won't break the bank by trying out these eyeliners, they won't let you down!

P.S. if you would like to see one of these eyeliners on my actual eye, you can see the Jet Black liner used in my previous turquoise blue eye tutorial and natural eye tutorial in both my lashline and my waterline.

7 comments:

  1. Nice review! The shades are pretty! Caps with sharpeners are so handy! :) xx

    Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
  2. For £1 this look great, very handy to have around, you could use them as bases too!

    Ineffable Beauty on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know its a steal! I can't wait to try out the other colours, I may head out to Superdrug sometime this week :).

      Delete
  3. great pigmentation! would you like to follow eachother?
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice colors, look great:)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love all of em ...especially the blue one ! Lovely blog ! Would you like to follow each other dear :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete

UA-51663625-1