Saturday, 28 December 2013

Golden Bronze Eye Tutorial

For yesterdays makeup look I decided to use MUA products since I have been doing many blog posts recently on the brand. This tutorial will show you how the eyeshadows apply to your eyelid and what looks you can achieve from this palette. For this look I used my Immaculate Eyeshadow Palette by MUA which I am not sure if it is discontinued or not. I bought this when it was on offer for free when you bought like £8 in MUA items, but I have seen this recently in my local Superdrug. Many of the MUA eyeshadows are within different palettes or contained in the single eyeshadows so if you don't own this palette feel free to use similar colours that you do own.

Products I used for this eyeshadow look


To show you the colour payoff of some of the eyeshadows I decided to use no base or primer to see the actual colour payoff of the eyeshadows. I first took number 1 in the palette and swiped this all across my lid. This shade in particular does create some fallout but its not overly bad and the pigmentation is fantastic. Next I used number 2 in the palette and used this in my crease. This shadow is a little harder to blend but as you can see it turned out fine, you just really need to make sure you spend a lot of time blending out the edges. I also used this colour a tiny bit on the eyelid corners to darken up the look. Finally I used number 3 in the palette as my inner corner highlight. As you can see from my palette I use this colour a LOT but I swear this is my favourite colour of eyeshadow I think I have ever found. It creates the most beautiful highlight on the inner corners but also looks beautiful across the lid.



After my eyeshadows were applied I took my MUA colour intense eyeliner in Jet Black and lined my eyelid and bottom waterline. I then set this liner with number 4 in the palette in order to make the eyeliner last much longer than if I hadn't applied the powder over top. I do have a blog post on these eyeliners which can be found here. Next I curled my eyelashes and applied my MUA Lash Boom mascara which is a new product I have been playing around with. A blog post on this mascara and eyeshadow palette with swatches will be coming soon!



I actually wore this eye look for around 13 hours and the shadows were still visible on my lid even though no primer or base was used. The shadows were not as vibrant as when I first put them on but they honestly withstood very well. The eyeliner was still visible but it had tiny splotches where the colour wore off on the waterline but for 12 hours I think its pretty great if an eyeliner is still somewhat visible. The mascara did smudge a little on the bottom lashline but overall it wasn't too bad and no flaking occured.



This eyeshadow look in total would of cost £12 to recreate and the lasting power is fantastic. The colours are vibrant and a little goes a long way, I use this eyeshadow palette almost everyday and I absolutely love it. For only costing £8 for the Immaculate Collection and £4 for the normal eyeshadow palettes I really think the price and quality makes it a steal and I really would recommend trying them. My only warning is that many of the matte colours I have tried from MUA are not the greatest pigmentation but they can still work in creating a decent eyelook.

12 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Just wow, such a gorgeous look, need to try this out for my new years eve look!

    Christina xx
    http://christinathorup.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this look would be great for a New Years Eve party! I'm not a big fan of using straight up glitter on the eyes but using a glittery gold shadow like this looks just as good without being too dramatic. Even if you do not own the exact palette I think this look could easily be created by just using a shimmery gold with a dark brown crease colour. If you do give it a try I would love if you sent a picture to my email address :) bittersweetshelby1@gmail.com

      -Shelby

      Delete
  2. Can I just say..... That color is absolutely stunning on your brown eyes!! Amazing! I just can't get over it. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny because I don't normally wear bronze tones but I agree I think it does compliment brown eyes, maybe I will try to wear bronze/gold more often :) Thanks.

      -Shelby

      Delete
  3. Lovely blog! Would you like to follow each other on GFC and Bloglovin? :)

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/9807829/beautiful-target
    http://shabanasultana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tutorial, loved the makeup :)

    xx Monica
    Makeup And London

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! The first shade you used looks especially amazing! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the golden shade
    Jorden xx
    http://fourbluemondays.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks very pretty :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

UA-51663625-1