Thursday, 19 December 2013

Elf Healthy Glow Bronzing Powders

EyesLipsFace (ELF) healthy glow bronzing powders are in the ELF £1.50 line. These bronzing powders can be found on the UK ELF website or on Amazon.  There are 3 colours in the range containing 2 bronzers and 1 highlighting powder. I own the highlighter “Luminance” and the darker bronzer “Warm Tan”.



Both of the bronzing powders I own contain a lot of shimmer and glitter in them. This can be nice for the highlighting powder but is quite annoying for a bronzer. Bronzers are usually preferred matte because if the bronzer is shimmery it cannot be used under the cheekbones or used on the face to act like a shadow under the cheekbone. Another problem I have with the bronzers is that since there are only 2 shades, they are usually too dark for people with very pale skin. I myself am very pale and find that the bronzers look very muddy and too dark on myself. Even though this product is claimed to be a bronzer, you could still use this as an eyeshadow colour which I think would be beautiful.



The highlighting powder is great and does reflect a little light on top of your cheekbones, but it is not very noticeable or over shimmery. If you like a more natural look this highlighting powder is probably the best I have found so far. As you can see from the pictures I have used this highlighter a lot and have hit pan.
The packaging on these products feels very flimsy and feels it would break pretty easily so that is something to keep in mind when travelling. The casing is also clear so it gets dirty very easily and the clasp for the lid does not actually click, but will open on its own with very little pressure.



Personally I would recommend the highlighting powder to anyone who wants a more natural highlighted look, but I would recommend staying away from the bronzer as it is too shimmery to use as a bronzer or contour but would look great as an eyeshadow if you like a darker shimmery brown color. For only being £1.50 the highlighter is a steal and you will not be disappointed!

7 comments:

  1. such a shame the bronzer didn't work for you!! The highlighter looks gorgeous :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, loved the colors. Sometimes I do use the bronzer and a shadow.
    didianadi.blogspot.mx 

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice review.
    Love
    Want to follow each other?
    New Post Fashion Talks

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow the colors are very nice *_* your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Shelby! Ur blogs are great :) I was hoping that you could come and check out my blogs and give me some constructive criticism. I'm just starting out and am trying to gain an audience. Thank you for your time Shelby. :)
    My blog: www.tluvsbeauty.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colours! x

    underbluelights.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

UA-51663625-1